Three fingers of a schoolboy were blown off while another child suffered injuries as a cocktail they picked up, mistaking it for a toy, exploded at the capital’s Tejgaon today.
Tofazzol Hossain, 11, and Lokman Hossain, 10, found a container wrapped up with red scotch tape in a bush when they were playing on the premises of staff quarters of Civil Aviation Authority of Bangladesh at Shaheenbagh around 1:00pm.
Mistaking it for a toy, Tofazzal opened the container after removing the tape and the cocktail exploded with a big bang, witnesses said.
The kids were whisked off to Dhaka Medical College Hospital (DMCH) from where they were shifted to National Institute of Trauma and Orthopaedic Rehabilitation.
Tofazzol had lost three fingers on his right hand, while Lokman was in relatively better condition, Abed R Rahman, a doctor in the emergency wing of the DMCH, told The Daily Star
Source: The Daily Star