2 Bangladeshis beheaded in Saudi Arabia

Nearly seven months after beheading eight Bangladeshis over murder charges, Saudi Arabia executed two more on Tuesday for killing and theft, the local media said.

The duo, Najoum Mohammad Amin Abdul-Sharif and Abdul-Majid Abu Bakr Hamza, were accused of killing another Bangladeshi national Mohammed Shaheen Mohammad Kabir and stealing his money and mobile phones, Saudi Press Agency (SPA) reported quoting a Ministry of Interior statement.

The statement said the Bangladeshis were executed in the city of Jazan. “The General Court issued the sentence against them. It was approved by the Cassation Court and the Supreme Court. A royal order was issued to implement the sentence,” it read.

The statement underlined the keenness of the government of Saudi Arabia on ‘achievement of security and justice and implementation of rules of Sharia against anyone who attacks innocent people and sheds their blood’.

The ministry also warned of punishment against anyone who tried to commit crimes. On Oct 7 last year, death sentences to eight Bangladeshis, found guilty of robbing a warehouse and murdering the security guard, were carried out at Saudi Arabia’s Riyadh.

The beheading had attracted condemnation from Bangladesh and elsewhere.

Source: bdnews24

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here