Two youths sustained burn injuries as a gas cylinder exploded at a tin-shed house in the capital’s Shyampur on Tuesday evening, reports UNB.
The injured were identified as Md Sajib, 24, and Hafijul, 23. Both have been residing at the house near Dhaka Match factory in Shyampur.Jakir Hossain, a roommate of the injured, said both Sajib and Hafijul work at a workshop. The gas cylinder exploded when one of them lighted the burner for cooking around 6:30pm, he said.
The injured were rushed to the burn unit of Dhaka Medical College Hospital (DMCH).
Quoting physicians of the burn unit, DMCH police camp in-charge Inspector Bachchu Mia said, Sajib received eight per cent burn injuries, while Hafijul sustained 30 per cent injuries.