Bodies of 5 more fishermen recovered from Cox’s Bazar beach

Bodies of 5 more fishermen recovered from Cox’s Bazar beach

Bodies of 5 more fishermen recovered from Cox’s Bazar beach

Prothom Alo English Desk | Jul 12, 2019

Bodies of five among 17 fishermen, who went missing after they were caught up in a storm in the deep sea during fishing, were washed ashore on Thursday.

Saiful Islam, officer-in-charge of Cox’s Bazar Sadar Model police station, said they recovered three bodies from Diabetic Point of the beach around 10:00pm on Thursday. Two more bodies were recovered from Sugandha beach and Dhalaghata area around noon, reports news agency UNB.

Earlier on Wednesday police recovered six bodies from different points of the beach, said the OC, adding that they also rescued two fishermen alongside a floating trawler.

Amid a 65-day fishing ban in the Bay of Bengal, at least 17 fishermen from Bhola’s Charfasson went to deep sea for fishing on 5 July. But their trawler sank after it was caught in a storm on 6 July.
All of the fishermen had been missing since then.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *