They were employed by a car polishing shop in Sharjah
Two Bangladeshi workers have died on Tuesday in the United Arab Emirates after breathing in toxic fumes.
Quoting a Sharjah police official, Gulf News reported on Wednesday.
Another Egyptian national has also died in the same incident.
Their bodies were taken to the police forensic laboratory.
The dead were employed by a car polishing shop in Abu Shagara.
“The police operations room received a call about the incident on Tuesday, police and paramedics were dispatched immediately to the scene of the incident,” a police official said.
“We found three people in a very critical condition and in distress and we helped them out of the shop, and transferred them to Al Kuwaiti Hospital where they were pronounced dead.”
The police official said initial investigations revealed the men had carried out their daily work without any safety measures or precautions.
“There should not be any laxity in safety procedures and such violations that risk workers’ lives should attract severe punishments,” he said.
Sharjah police recently ran several awareness campaigns regarding exposure of workers to harmful fumes, whether in the form of pesticides or smoke, in a bid to avoid accidents. The case is with Al Buhairah Police.
Source: Dhaka Tribune